We believe it is important to ensure that our customers are completely informed about their options and their legal rights after enduring an auto collision. Whether you are looking to file an insurance claim or have your vehicle repaired, please read the facts below to learn more about your rights as we hope to enable you with the crucial information needed to make informed decisions about the next steps.
Did You Know…
- You have the right to choose your repair shop. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular repair facility.
- You should choose a repair shop that has “state-of-the-art” equipment and certified technicians (I-CAR and ASE).
- Some insurance companies request that you visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. Whether you choose to do so is your choice. You may prefer to leave your car at your collision repair shop and request that the insurance company send an appraiser to that facility.
- There is no legal requirement that you obtain more than one estimate for your vehicle repairs.
- Differences in shop repair estimates and insurance estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work or updated parts prices. If you are unsure why one estimate is different from another, feel free to ask your customer service representative at your repair shop.
- Verify that your repair shop will be using original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts.
- Use a repair shop that offers a written warranty.
- Your collision repair shop should negotiate your claim on your behalf with the insurance company.
- If your car is unsafe to drive, do not drive it. If you are unsure, check with your repair facility.
- Your car is one of your largest investments. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
If you have any questions regarding your rights as a vehicle owner or any of the services we offer, we encourage you to contact us via our web form or give us a call at 913-294-4016.